Loutraki is 13 km. from Aridea, 20km. the ski resort and 100km. remove you from Thessaloniki. It has 1280 inhabitants and in 1922 began to develop rural tourism. Today there are many guesthouses for visitors.The residents of the Upper inhabited Loutraki, just miles from its current location.Loutraki last 10 days of August are the Pozaritika involving music and dancing. Guests combining the thermal
The City of Pozar is a city of Pella. Located in the northwestern part of the county and include specific relief, because there are big differences in height to reach the 1,500 meters. It occupies an area of 562,910 acres, becoming the first municipality in the area of the county and has (real) population 20,213 inhabitants. Headquarters is the Aridaia, which has gotten its name. The inhabitants
Vegoritida lake is one of the largest and deepest lakes in the country, the limits of Pella, Florina and Kozani. It alpine lake type and tectonic origin. He is the recipient of a water catchment area of approximately 1,800 square kilometers.Probably came from prolimnaies karst subsidence during long geological subsidence of the past. Characteristics of the high degree of karstification, ie the
Edessa (formerly called parallel Vodena) is a city in central Macedonia in Greece, capital of the homonymous province and the prefecture of Pella. The population of the city of Edessa is 18,253, while that of the expanded municipality is 25,619 inhabitants (census 2001).The city is a strong element of water (rivers and waterfalls), which is why the names: Edessa (wedes the Phrygian was the water tower
The ancient city of Edessa was founded in 814 BC by King of Macedonia Karan. Built on the site "Logos", because the water offered ochyrotita and fertility. Oldest finds date back to Neolithic times, but there is more to the Bronze Age and especially iron. Today, after excavations can be seen the city walls, parts of buildings on the acropolis and lower town and cemeteries.The most important monuments
Starting with the Municipal District Promahi and after a journey through forest roads we reach the famous Forest Promahi the pentaveloni pine, a species unique in Europe, protected by the Ramsar convention. The Black Forest lies on the eastern slopes of the Vora and from the ski resort.
Archaeological Site of Pella built in the Hellenistic years, occupies an area equal to 10 blocks (70,000 m) and the characteristic shape of a very large rectangular square (200.15 x 181.76 m) surrounded by arcades with shops in the background. Here are ceramic, and Waxwork toreftikis and shops where you sell different products.Many of these spaces were filled with goods that their owners could not get them at the time of the disaster. The market crossed from east to west, the main thoroughfare of the city a width of 15 m Products of the workshops in Pella, found in other cities of Macedonia and
In the area of Pozar is a large complex of 17 caves, a pit 50 meters, and many silaiokatafygia. Formed thousands of years ago, when the water level was at the entrances to the caves before they formed the valley Pozar.Systematic excavations and explorations of caves in Pozar unearthed ample evidence that the indigenous population. There is evidence for the life of man from primitive tools (sharp and polished, sharp spikes of stone arrows), etc. articles indicate that the sites of caves used by the Neolithic or even Paleolithic era.
By the late 14th century a large volume of water was accumulated in a lake west of the city. After a geological phenomenon, probably an earthquake, the water passing through the city and poured from the rock, creating numerous rivers. Hidden behind the profuse vegetation remain untapped for some time. In 1942 the Germans first saw the power of tourism and exploitation of the Cascade surroundings, creating two pools, flower beds and flower boxes. After the war, the space given to the municipality, who in turn arrange to plant flowers and trees. In 1953 he began operating the city restaurant "pools",
The Folklore Museum of Edessa housed in a two-storey building of 1932 (donated by the family Sivena) in the district WEIGHT. He began working on the initiative of the Cultural Association "Alexander." It hosts exhibits, pictures and objects from everyday life, culture as well as the manners and customs of the inhabitants of the city and the region.The areas covered relate to rural life, farming, sirotrofeia, textiles, etc. the waxwork Special topics are the items from the life of man, toys, objects to the rituals and tools for household and professional use of traditional practitioners.The museum
The Clock Tower built by the Ottomans in the center of Giannitsa around 1667-1668. The choice of location was a military criteria and wanted to control the commercial activity that took place across the city throughout the central Macedonia. It is a rectangular building has a height of 25 meters and is built of stone by the first 4 m and then brick.According to the inscriptionit was built by by Ahmed Sheriff , a descendant of Gazi Evrenos . Purchased by the City Giannitsa and proposed restoration and conversion into a museum of history of the city of Giannitsa.
Kali Pediada or (Dobro Pole), located on the border with Slopia ( FYROM ) at an altitude of 1,750 m. It is situated above the village of Ano Loutraki where a plateau named Kali Pediada or (Dobro Pole). Many small lakes with herbaceous vegetation. It is very rare combination wetland and alpine meadows, home to rare species of flora and fauna in a natural basin 3350 acres which compose an incredibly beautiful scenery entirely made from mother nature. In the area there are the memorial monuments and the Serbian Cemetery, since there took deadly battles during the 1st World War. There he chose the
It is bicameral Macedonian tomb with barrel-vaulted front four Doric half-columns. Its dimensions are 6.15 m wide and 6.15 m high and 10 meters long. The entrance door bore a stone relief. A second marble at the entrance door of the burial chamber has brought relief Medusa head Coloured and embossed aspidiskes. The tomb is full of ancient graffiti and votive inscriptions of the 1st century BC and the third century AD The most important refers to Hercules and Alexander Hero.The tomb dates to the late 4th century BC and investigated in the summer of 1994. After the excavation was housed and fenced.Second
The Mausoleum of Gazi Evrenos located at the junction of two roads, a short distance from the Clock Tower in Giannitsa City. This is the tomb of Gazi Evrenos of Ottoman person who won Giannitsa by the Byzantines, and most of central Macedonia.According to the inscription refers to the burial Evrenos Gazis, built in 1417. From the morphologic data, we conclude that it was disproved in the late 19th century. It consists of two rectangular surface area 230 square meters housed in a loft, which stood out from three small domes covered with pencil. The building has a richly decorated exterior and the
In the entrance of the the city of Aridaia, next to Town Hall the Museum of Natural History in the building of the old Railway Station.During the First World War was built by Allied troops train known Karatzova (Ntekovil) to assist the movement and supply of the Army.The year 2002 turned into a museum of Natural History. In the halls of exposed fossils found in excavations in Almopia and other areas. Major exhibits are the fossilized bones of Ursus Spelalus (the Cave Bear) found in the caves of the Baths.In plant science room out photos and plants that thrive in the area of Almopia. Also, the area
The Palace - Archaeological Site of Pella stood on a rocky hill dominating the image of the city. This complex architectural complex, whose total area reaches 60,000 square meters In the center of a rectangle is rather public, building flanked by two peristyle gardens. Two other structures were excavated in the east, the south side of which there is an open portico with Doric colonnade on a high apron.One of them has a plan similar to those in private homes and may have been the place of residence of the royal family. In the north there is a pool supply system and drainage of water, perhaps associated
At a distance of 13km. by Aridea at the Baths, a paradise of natural beauty in the center of which is the Paleontological - Physiographical Almopia and Folk Museum. Founded in 1991 and is unique in Greece with mixed character. Richest are named as A and B, and a spectacular 50-meter platform deep in the bottom of the human skeleton which was of unknown age. An important finding is the spilaiokatafygeio Z is the maxilla, the left canine, Board of fossilized skull of Ursus ST. ARCTOS (brown bear) about 10000 years old and younger. For vrachografimata, these are people with huge hands, reaching up
Agios DimitriosOn the hill overlooking the village Xifiani the old church of St. Demetrius, built in 1857 AD with special permission from Turkish authorities. The impressive bell tower and interior decor will impress any visitor.Saint HilarionArriving in the village of fighters and taking the road to the mountain come to the convent of St. Hilarion. The bishop served Ag.Ilarionas Moglenoi (18th century), as it was long the province Almopia. The monastery had 40 monks cells. Even operated a secret school.St GeorgeIn a unique natural environment in the Upper Loutraki is the Church of St. George.
From Voreino village following the main forest road and through woodland visitor reaches the "Pinovo" top with rich flora and fauna. There are two huge in size allied cannons from 1o World War. The breathtaking beauty of the landscape and the rich flora impress the visitor.Voras Mountains - Mountain AlmopiaFrom the city of Aridaia, follow the road to the east Almopia (to Exaplatanos). Soon sign directs us to the village Voreino. Follow the path and the entrance of the village, our new sign leads to Pefkoto. The way the first kilometers of asphalt and then dirt road. We continue our journey to the
In ancient times Edessa was fortified at two levels. In the lower city (Logos) and the Citadel. During the Byzantine period the city declined under the settlement to run over city's current position. After the conquest by the Turks in 1389, the settlement extends outside the walls, creating new districts mostly heathen, while Christians remain in and around the ancient core in three major areas.The WEIGHT (meaning fort) is the first Christian settlement established as a development of the Byzantine settlement that developed at the Acropolis and the ancient city. In 1944 the Germans burned the greater
6km. from Edessa at an altitude of 470 meters above sea level lies the lake and the wetland Agra - Islands and Vrytton. This lake of 5,972 acres of supplying water from the source of the river Edesseos. An artificial freshwater lake largely covered by aquatic vegetation, while the north is bordered by steep cliffs. Over 250 different bird species living in the wetland journals.The flora of the lake consists of ydrofytiki vegetation that grows on the surface of the reed vegetation and occupies the largest territory and creates ideal conditions for nesting and reproduction of fauna. The fauna of